What the Wenches are Reading

Source
Some of the Wenches are starting to gear up for the release of the final Southern Vampires Mysteries book, the last installment in Sookie Stackhouse's tale, while some of us are anxiously avoiding rereads, pending the result of that last book. You'll also see witches, time travelers, English lords, and FBI agents on  our reading lists this week.



Click through to see which books we're enjoying, and don't forget to tell us what you're reading, in the comments below!




Amanda: I finished Touch & Geaux by Abigail Roux last week. People wanted more drama after Stars & Stripes, and boy did they ever get it! I am thinking of reading Episode 3 of The Flesh Cartel by Rachel Haimowitz and Heidi Belleau this week for a completely different change of pace.

Anne: I'm on to Dead Reckoning in my SVM reread. I also read the Nick/Kelly snippet that Abigail Roux promised to her minions who voted for her in a book bracket. I am now obsessed with Nick & Kelly, in addition to Ty & Zane. I have problems.

Angela:  I read A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows #4) by Kim Harrison, and it is my favourite in the series to date. Full of action, great characters in Rachel, Ivy, and Jenks. I can't wait to finish the series, but I'm onto my Sookie Stackhouse reread now and have started with Dead as a Doornail (Book 5), as I'd never get through them all if I started with an earlier book. I love Sookie Stackhouse and can't wait for the end in May.

Barbara: I'm still on For a Few Demons More, as I had a very busy week and very little reading time this weekend. I'm hoping to eek out some reading time every day this week, and a good chunk of Saturday. It's killing me going this slowly!

Beta: I haven't had much time to read lately, but when I can I'm spending quality time with Jamie and Claire in The Fiery Cross, and it has been very lovely.

Donna: This week I put aside A Dance With Dragons and picked up Charlaine Harris' Deadlocked. Although I've read the earlier installments of the Sookie Stackhouse novels multiple times, I'm not as familiar with the last couple of books. Since the final installment in the series is dropping in a couple of weeks, I want to reread these and, hopefully, get a sense of what's to come. I've found it interesting to read with relatively fresh eyes. I still have questions; with one book to go, I hope CH gives the answers. Go Sookie Go!

Kathi: I’m still reading Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade. When I’m done with that, I might reread the last few SVM books, to prepare for the upcoming new release. Or I might not. I can’t decide. Those last three books completely zapped my enthusiasm for the series, and I’m not sure I want to invest the time in rereading them until after I’ve read the last book and know how it ends.

Naomi: Sorry, Real Life keeps me away from books this week.

Veronica: I started a reread of the SVM this week. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten past Dead Until Dark. I think poor Bill just keeps putting me to sleep! I'm giving it up and moving on to the next books. But I always see something new in Sookie each time I read, so I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Zee: My week has been hectic, The Hollows is still waiting for me on my Kindle. Unfortunately, I have yet to get to it. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)