What the Wenches are Reading

Source



The Wenches' reading choices are quite diverse this week, ranging from the beginning of a huge epic, to an intense erotic tale that is so much more, to a few different Urban Fantasy choices. I have a feeling our lists are going to be altered by some of the entries in this year's Alpha Showdown over at The Vampire Book Club, where we have championed two of the contestants. In fact, Donna has already checked out one of the entrants, and we are awaiting her verdict. Click through to see what has struck our literary fancies this week. And, as always, don't forget to tell us what you're reading this week, in the comments below!





Amanda: This week I started reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I've had this on my TBR list for a long time. I've never seen the show simply because I wanted to read the books. I knew that if I already knew what happened, I would never read them. Fellow Wench Angela is a HUGE fan of GoT, and especially loves Jaime Lannister. I was so excited to tell her that I finally started them! I am about a third of the way through, and already I've been torn apart and put back together again. I am really loving it so much already!

Anne: I read some more Ty & Zane this week (and some Supernatural fanfic), and now I'm trying to get into Inferno, the new Dan Brown book. But it hasn't grabbed my attention yet.

Angela: I'm reading It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery) by Heather Blake. I needed something light and fluffy this week, and this book has fit the bill perfectly.

Barbara: I finished Tempest's Legacy (Jane True #3) and was fully prepared to move on, when Zee finished Dirty and raved about it. Zee doesn't rave lightly, so I had to check it out. I read Dirty in just a few days, which is super fast with my schedule these days, and absolutely LOVED it! Megan Hart truly has a gift, writing books classified as erotica, which are actually so much more! Beautiful, heartwrenching, sexy, the kind of books that stay with you long after the final page. Next I'll be heading back to Rockabill and Jane True #4 (Eye of the Tempest).

Beta: I wasn't in much of a reading mood, but Zee's raving about Dirty by Megan Hart made me really curious, so I checked it out and I loved it. There was much more to the story than just erotica, and she wrote it in a brilliant way. I must check out more of Megan Hart's books for sure.

Donna: I just started reading Something Secret This Way Comes by Sierra Dean. The heroine, Secret McQueen, is up against Ethan Sullivan from Chicagoland Vampires in the Alpha Showdown 2013. I have to meet this kickass chick and find out why she's taking on the master of Cadogan House.

Katherine: Was kind of lost when thinking about what I should read next, but seeing Ryodan's name in the alpha contest made me miss him, so I picked up Iced and have been enjoying it very much!

Kathi: I haven't read anything this week because Wench Merit came to visit me! I have added quite a few books to my TBR list after she took me on a guided tour of her e-reader library.

Merit: Finished the last few pages of A Fistful of Charms, but haven't had time to start anything else because I'm on vacation and visiting Wench Kathi. Having a good time!

Natalie: Well I'm a bad Wench this week. I did not make a dent in any of the reading I had planned. I did, however, manage to snag a phone interview for this coming week, and I got a lot of writing done on my books. So I don’t think I’m going to suggest any reading for this week for fear I might not get it done. So read on my fellow Wenches, and I will catch up soon!

Veronica: I didn't get much reading done this week. I have about four books that I want to read RIGHT NOW, and I think I got so overwhelmed I didn't read anything. Has that ever happened to anyone, or just me? (Barbara's note: No, Veronica, I've done that too! Usually that's when I catch up on TV watching that I miss while reading!)

Zee: Since I'm having a Megan Hart love fest, I read Stranger. Which I liked, although Dirty might be my fave so far. And reading This Is My Blood by David Nial Wilson. Still too early in the book to know how I'll like it.

Comments

  1. Amanda, I've been watching each season of GoT and then reading the book, and it hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the books at all. But I think after this season I'm going to read ahead, because I'm getting impatient to know what happens and I'm not sure I can survive watching all the shocking events (i.e., deaths) I know are coming. (Because I keep hearing that GRR Martin kills LOTS of characters.) Reading will give me more time to absorb them slowly. Glad you are enjoying book 1, and I look forward to hearing what you think of the show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear you are getting impatient Kathi!!!

      Delete
  2. Amanda so happy you are enjoying A Game of Thrones. Sounds to me like they have captured your attention ;-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)