Quote of the Day

Adrian's smile returned. "If it makes you feel better, you actually looked natural out there - back in the park." 

"Doing . . . what? Throwing fireballs?" I shook my head. "There's nothing natural about that." 

"You wouldn't think so, but . . . well. You were . . . amazing, throwing that fire like some kind of ancient warrior goddess." 
Source.

Annoyed, I turned away. "Stop making fun of me." 

He caught my arm and pulled me back toward him. "I am absolutely serious." 

I swallowed, speechless for a moment. All I was aware of was how close we were, that he was holding me to him with only a few inches between us. Almost as close as at the sorority. "I'm not a warrior or a goddess," I managed at last. 

Adrian leaned closer. "As far as I'm concerned, you're both." 

I knew that look in his eyes. I knew because I'd seen it before. I expected him to kiss me, but instead, he ran his finger along the side of my neck. "There it is, huh? Badge of honor." 

It took me a moment to realize he was talking about the hickey It had faded but wasn't entirely gone.


The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)