To be Read List. I Promise I'll Read You One Day.


I've checked with the Wenches to see what books languish at the bottom of their To Be Read (TBR) lists. You know the books. They're gathering dust or they've been relegated to the bottom of your e-reader. You'll get there one day, you vow. However, as other books / series come to your attention, they continue to move further and further down the list. 
The stare at you every time you go on Goodreads or what ever site you store your list on. Occasionally I know I feel a pang of guilt that I haven't got to them yet. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to give me the push to read them though. I will! One day! I promise!

Let's check after the jump to see what books the Wenches keep putting off reading.



Anne


Most of mine are classics that I've never gotten around to.
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
1984 by George Orwell
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer

All books that people hear you haven't read and they say "Oh my god you HAVE to read that!"



Angela


I'm a phase kind of woman and a couple of these are from my M/M phase. I still  intended to read them, just not yet. Middlemarch. I know, I'll get there, one day.

Fatal Shadows by Josh Lanyon
Middlemarch by George Elliot
Skybound by Aleksandr Voinov
Homeland by R.A Salvatore
Kitty and Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn


Merit


Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs books 6-8 waiting. 
Demonica by Larissa Ione series books 3 and on. 
Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews last 2 books. 
Cut & Run by Abigail Roux, I read only the first book and some day I'll read the rest. 
The Ripple Effect, Rhiannon's Law #3 by J.A Saare, I have been waiting for this book for ages, but it has been on my TBR for 2 years now. The problem is that after so much time I'll have to reread the first 2 books first.

Zee


I started both the Kate Daniels, and Cut & Run books last year......read the first installments, thought they were okay and maybe got better but never got around to the second books even though I kept meaning to! I still leave them on just in case. Sigh. 
I've also had the Anita Blake books around for eons, but after hearing they were like the Secret McQueen books (which I reviewed) no thank you. 
The Mercy Thompson books have also been on my kindle for like 3 years! And I WILL get around to them dammit

Natalie


A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Lord of the Rings  by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Not to mention several series that I have enjoyed but are not my faves came out with additional books that I want to read. When people hear that I adore reading they start mentioning books and because I'm such a book pusher myself, it just adds more and more to my TBR.

Amanda


Two that will probably be on my TBR for-evah are Outlander and Soldiers, but only because they are SO long! I've been working on A Song of Ice and Fire for over a year now because I have other books that I have to read too. Worth every second though; I love it so much! I know Outlander and Soldiers will be worth the wait one day, and I WILL get to them one day.


Barb


When I first got my Nook I spent a lot of time downloading free books, and eventually downloaded some that I had been wanting to read, which I actually paid for. Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol was one of the first I bought, followed shortly thereafter by The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larson. I never got around to these before I discovered the series we don't name and it's been mostly UF/PNR ever since. I also bought The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani, one of my favorite authors--before vampires took over my life--and haven't read it yet.

So it's a brief rundown of some of the books that languish on our TBR's. We'll get to them one day. We just keep getting distracted by new authors, new releases and recommendations. 

So what books continue to get relegated further and further down your TBR's? Let me know below.


Comments

  1. Zee, you need to get on the Mercy series ASAP! *peer pressure*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krista, I have bumped it up! Hopefully next after I finish the Charley Davidson series that I just started!!! (I always give in to peer pressure hehe)

      Delete
    2. She always gives into Peer pressure and authors who rock. By rock I don't just mean the books but are totally awesome sauce outside of their writing!

      Delete
  2. I love the Mercy series and the Kate Daniels is freaking awesome!! I have the same problem with Outlander!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zee no pressure to read Mercy ;).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)