What the Wenches Are Reading


Claire Fraser reads about a certain blue flower
that she needs to go look at again
It’s all about series this week! We’re either currently engrossed in a series, starting a new one, lingering with an old one we can’t bid adieu, inhaling the latest installment of a tried-and-true friend, or salivating to get at—AFTER 5 LOOOONG YEARS—the newest volume in the series we’re completely obsessed with...and trying to remain calm.

Today is a BIG day for some of the Wenches: Written In My Own Heart’s Blood (MOBY) releases!!! You might not be hearing from us for a few weeks while we hide away in our reading corners.

Are you diving right into MOBY, too? Or smitten with another great series? Have you found a new vacation thriller? We hope you’ll share what you’re reading with us in the comments below!




Amanda: Still chugging along with A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin.

Angela: I read What Angels Fear (Sebastian St.Cyr #1) by C.S. Harris and enjoyed it. Enough so that I’m going to read the rest of series. I so need another series to read. The books are set in the early 19th century and are murder mysteries. Our lead Sebastian has a couple of handy talents that help him in his work. I’ve now moved on to American Gods by Neil Gaiman and yes, Zee, I’m liking it very much. Finally, I’ve succumbed to reading a Gaiman book.

Anne: I devoured Cross & Crown over the weekend. Now I’m going back to Ball & Chain, followed by a Cross & Crown reread! I love those Sidewinder boys!

Barb: I just finished The Indigo Spell and am moving right on to The Fiery Heart. I can’t say enough how much I love this series. I absolutely cannot wait until Silver Shadows releases at the end of July. Just bloody brilliant.

Beta: As usual — well based on the past several weeks — this week has been busy and I haven’t been able to read A Breath of Snow And Ashes, but while working on yesterday’s post I got to reread some of my favorite Outlander scenes, which made me want to start rereading them from the beginning... and I haven’t even finished the series yet! And speaking of Outlander, HAPPY MOBY RELEASE DAY!!!

Care: This week! Oh, this week. It's been a whirlwind week, I tell you. I've been plowing through Taking Charge of ADHD and Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children, as well as flipping through both Giftedness 101 and Bright Not Broken, but there was a giant gaping hole in my reading... filled with Cross & Crown! And then Cross & Crown again! And now... I'm torn between going back to my research and reading Cross & Crown a third time. YES, I LOVED IT THAT MUCH!!!

Kathi: I’ve been balancing The New Mind of the South with Tom Robbins’s hilarious autobiography, Tibetan Peach Pie. He’s still the irrepressible counterculture prankster, though if you are unfamiliar with him you’d probably prefer to begin with one of his fictional works that has more of a plot (Still Life with Woodpecker, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, Jitterbug Perfume...). This book is more like a collection of short stories about his life. I’m trying to finish these books, even though I’ve been verra restless...because after today I’m going to have my nose buried in MOBY so deep I might not come out for weeks.

Merit: I am still immersed in the Outlander world, going back and forth between chapters in A Breath of Snow and Ashes and An Echo in the Bone. I am about to stop rereading this series now. I’ll be reading some light, fluffy stuff until MOBY comes out (which is today, June 10). In honor of the new book, here is a quote from the series, connecting to MOBY’s title: "...My brother was gone, and my father. I didna mean to lose my own heart’s blood as well."

Natalie: Books, how I miss thee! Reading has so not been an option lately, as work seems to be taking over my life. Sadly, I got nothing read last week, and it was looking like nothing this week either. So I thought it might be time for some rereads, as those tend to be easier to work in between long hours put in at the office. I just started rereading A Discovery of Witches in preparation for the release of book 3. I hope others are finding great books!

Shau: I’m reading Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh. So far I’m in love with Vasic and Ivy. We’ll see how it ends.

Zee: I finished the first Charley Davidson book, First Grave On The Right. I enjoyed a lot of it. Not necessarily all of it. I didn’t immediately scramble to pick up the second book, but I will be starting it as soon as I get it on my Kindle.

Comments

  1. Yay Ange! I'm so happy one of the Wenches finally started a Gaiman book! :D and my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it Zee. That's probably an understatement. I've forced myself to stop reading it the last two nights as I can't get by without my sleep these days.

      Delete
    2. Squee! Yay! (About the book, not the sleep)

      Delete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)