It's Almost Time For Burned!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015, is release day for Burned, the latest installment in Karen Marie Moning's wildly popular Fever series. It seems like ages since Iced came out just over two years ago. Three years have passed between the two books, with Dani being a little older now. It will be interesting to see how she has matured and how this will be reflected in her point of view. Also, Mac and Barrons are back! *cue applause!!!*


We can barely contain ourselves!
After the jump, we've posted some great teasers and excerpts from the new book, along with the official book trailer, all shared by the wonderful Karen Marie Moning! 



It’s easy to walk away from lies. Power is another thing.

MacKayla Lane would do anything to save the home she loves. A gifted sidhe-seer, she’s already fought and defeated the deadly Sinsar Dubh—an ancient book of terrible evil—yet its hold on her has never been stronger.
When the wall that protected humans from the seductive, insatiable Fae was destroyed on Halloween, long-imprisoned immortals ravaged the planet. Now Dublin is a war zone with factions battling for control. As the city heats up and the ice left by the Hoar Frost King melts, tempers flare, passions run red-hot, and dangerous lines get crossed. Seelie and Unseelie vie for power against nine ancient immortals who have governed Dublin for millennia; a rival band of sidhe-seers invades the city, determined to claim it for their own; Mac’s former protégé and best friend, Dani “Mega” O’Malley, is now her fierce enemy; and even more urgent, Highland druid Christian MacKeltar has been captured by the Crimson Hag and is being driven deeper into Unseelie madness with each passing day. The only one Mac can depend on is the powerful, dangerous immortal Jericho Barrons, but even their fiery bond is tested by betrayal.
It’s a world where staying alive is a constant struggle, the line between good and evil gets blurred, and every alliance comes at a price. In an epic battle against dark forces, Mac must decide who she can trust, and what her survival is ultimately worth.
Want to read a little more? How about these hot little teasers featuring one of our favorite characters, Lor?


Source.
I do something I never let myself do, and tie her feet down, too, thinking, Man, she should not be letting me do this, followed by, Man, I know better than to do this.

I got her spread-eagled naked, legs wide, totally at my mercy, and I’m not gonna have one fucking ounce of it. She’s not getting out of this bed until she’s had the most explosive orgasm of her life, followed by a few hundred more. I’m keeping her for weeks.
I’m keeping her until she’s telling me I’m the hottest fuck she’s ever had and means it. Until she’s Lor-Pri-ya. Until she sees there’s a little more going on here than Mr. Fucking-Second-Rate-Nice-Guy who’s fun, for fuck’s sake, and wasn’t one of the most vicious killers the old world knew. I can keep it under control. I’ve been soaked in sex for the past week and a half. The lethal edge is off my appetite. 

Mostly.

Is it hot in here? Or is it just us?
Or maybe this one by Mac:
I frown when another thought occurs to me. Did she set me up for quid pro quo down to the dirty details? 

Dark alley nearby--check.  
Me--check. 
Hungry Unseelie--check.  
I get a mental snapshot of me dying just like Alina. It's practically glowing on Mac's pupils. 
I want to tell her revenge is a devil you don't want to worship. In destroying your enemy you become it.

For real. And we aren't as calm as Lady Mary.

And don't forget about the fecking hero of the story, Dani:

Mac draws up short to keep from slamming into Barrons and her blonde hair swings back over her shoulder, brushing his face as it goes and my hearing is so good I catch the rasp of it chafing the shadow stubble on his jaw, then one of his hands grazes her breast and his eyes narrow when he looks at what he touched in a hungry way I want a man to look at me like one day and, as they continue to recover from the near-collision, their bodies move in a graceful dance of impeccable awareness of precisely where the other is at all times that is unity, symbiosis, partnership I only dream of, wolves that chose to pack up and hunt together, soldiers who will always have each other’s back no matter what, no sin, no transgression too great, ‘cause don’t we all transgress sometimes and it fecking slays me, because once I got a little taste of what that was like and it was heaven and they’re so beautiful standing there, the best of the best, the strongest of the strong that they practically glow to me, on fire with all I ever wanted in my life—a place to belong and someone to belong there with.

Mac and Barrons make us squee, sigh,
 and swoon like NO ONE ELSE.
A man steps out. 

Strong. Brilliant. Controlled. 
Predator. 
Unbreakable. 
He's everything I admire plus things I can't even put into words. 
I crush on Jericho Barrons violently. 
My brain almost shuts down every time I see him and that's a lot of gray matter to stupefy. 
Used to be, if I couldn't fall asleep I'd fantasize all kinds of ways I'd impress Barrons by killing monsters or saying something really smart or saving the world, and he'd see me as a grown up woman and I'd glow just from the look on his face. 
But then Ryodan began popping into my fantasies like he had some kind of business being there, and he'd look all, well...like...Ryodan and he'd laugh and do that husky groan thing he did on level four, so I terminated that happy little exercise in somnolence. 
Now I count sheep.
Lately even those buggers look like Ryodan with clear, cold eyes and some weird kind of hypnotic hold on me.
Fecker.
I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to figure out a way to kill him, permanent-like just to get him out of my head.





You can order Burned Here and Here.

Karen Marie Moning has also released the names of the next two books in the series: Feverborn and Feversong. She is currently working on Feverborn, which may be released later in 2015.


For these, and more teasers and Fever related fun, like Ms.Moning's page on Facebook here!


Comments

  1. I have really got to start this series! I keep saying I'm going to and I know I have some of the books already. Of course the problem with trying a new to me author is if I love that book I am then compelled to find every other book he or she has ever written, which is why I don't have time to read everything I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OW- You should SOOOOO give this series a try. It's worth leaving other books over :D hehe

      Delete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)