What the Wenches Are Reading

Source

“Stories you read when you're the right age never quite leave you. You may forget who wrote them or what the story was called. Sometimes you'll forget precisely what happened, but if a story touches you it will stay with you, haunting the places in your mind that you rarely ever visit.”

― Neil Gaiman, M Is for Magic

Click through to see what we're reading this week, Saucy Readers!




Angela: This week I've picked up Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin for a timely reread. I haven't read it for a few years. Of course I'm vainly hoping the Winds of Winter will be out next year so that my reread will be perfect timing. I had to put it aside to pick up Crucible Zero (House Immortal #3) by Devon Monk which came out on the 1st September and I love it. There is just something about Monk's writing style that I adore. She slowly pulls me for the first third of her books and then the next two thirds are one hell of a ride. Bonus points to Monk as well, as this series is a trilogy!!!

Anne: Work has been a killer lately. I usually only work three days a week because daycare is crazy expensive. But, last week I worked five days. Leaving me no time for anything really. But, since my commute to work is 45 minutes, I'm getting through Voyager pretty quickly. I am loving this one.

Barb: My book hangover continues in the form of everything I'm picking up just not working for me. I DNFed two books this week and finished two that I did not enjoy. That's just unheard of for me, as I generally love books and find something enjoyable in everything. But when something had knocked my socks off the things that follow tend to suffer. So, I'm looking for something to help me let go and move on. What suggestions do you have, Saucy Reader?

Care:  It's been kind of a light week for me. I did another reread of Playing for Keeps, zoomed through Cover Me, and am now back and forth between Sticks & Stones and Dumbing Down America, with a bit of The Homekeepers Handbook thrown in just to really screw up any stats-collecting.  It's slow, but honestly, I'm enjoying it, so I'm not going to complain.

Donna:  I haven't had a lot of time for reading this week. I'm still on my Harry Potter re-read, currently on The Prisoner of Azkaban. I also picked up Kim Harrison's new release, The Drafter, the first in her new Peri Reed Chronicles series. Hopefully I'll bet a little more "me" time this coming week.

Kathi: I’m about 40% through my reading-order list of chapters for A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. Getting into a lot of stuff that was left out of the tv show. Still enjoying both books very much. My only complaint is that I don’t have enough time to read.

Merit: Queen ofShadows ! The fourth book in the Throne of Glass series is here. I’m still reading it and OMG, this is such a great story. Author Sarah J. Maas created again an epic, spectacular fantasy tale. I love every minute I spend inside this novel. I also read The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar, after I read Barb's review.  This story is a beautiful love story, Poignant and captivating, just as Barb wrote.

Shau:  This week I've been reading Eight Grave After Dark by Darynda Jones. And it was average. Not bad but not overly amazing or mysterious. I don't like certain plot devices she used and I hope she has an ending of the series in sight. There are books 9, 10 and 11 in the works but still, let's hope that's it.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)