A Short Review of Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews



Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews



The second installment in the Innkeeper Chronicles brings more adventures to Dina's door.
I loved the first book in the series, Clean Sweep, and couldn't wait for the sequel. And I wasn't disappointed, Ilona started publishing the second books chapter by chapter as a free online series quite soon. However, I wasn't able to follow the story online, as I did with the first book. So I couldn't wait for it to come out as an eBook.

Come with me to read the rest after the jump.




The story of Sweep in Peace puts Dina in the middle of intergalactic negotiations between two races that can't stand each other. She has to use all her wits and knowledge as an Innkeeper to stop these two races from killing themselves in her Inn.

I don't want to give away any more about the story because it's really good. I enjoyed every moment and time flew while I was reading it. As usual, I loved the Inn and the the way Ilona has developed its story even more. We learn more about the connection between the Inn and its keeper. What other powers the Inn has and so on.

There are some additions to the cast, such as Orro the cook. He is vain, emotional, funny and a real drama queen, but IMO, a good addition to Dina and Caldenia's every day life. We also meet two new races, Hope-Crushing Horde (yup, that's their real name) and Merchants of Baha-char. And we see the return of Space Vampires and a very sexy Arland.

So, all in all, a good weekend getaway book to help you escape reality and find those elusive few hours of relaxation.

This wench rates it



Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)