What The Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 






Angela: This week I’ve been reading Veil of the Deserters (Bloodsounder’s Arc #2) by Jeff Salyards. Once again Arki is chronicling the Syldoon company he is with and Captain Killcoin’s predicament. Engrossing and with some new characters thrown in, very compelling.

Anne: I’ve been continuing on my Twice Bitten re-read. I’m just about done. I’m also getting close to the end of An Echo in the Bone. Finally, John and William’s story is getting much more interesting.

Barb: I finished Rock Wedding, which released yesterday and which I reviewed here. I'll just say again that I loved this book, the series got better with every book, and I hope that you'll give this steamy rock and roll series a try. I then devoured Burn Down The Night, the third in Molly O'Keefe's Everything I Left Unsaid series. I did something uncharacteristic and started with the third book, because it was the only one about this couple. Alisha Rai and Bree Bridges (half of the writing duo Kit Rocha) exchanged banter on Twitter about the fabulousness of this book so I scurried over to check it out, and am SO glad that I did. Look for a review soon, but bottom line is that this is the best motorcycle club novel I've read. Now I'm starting at the beginning of the series with Everything I Left Unsaid.   

Kathi: This week I chose Eligible from a list of recommended summer reading because I was intrigued by its description as a modern-day retelling of Pride and Prejudice. I’m about 30% through the book and enjoying it. I tend to forget the setting and start picturing early 19th-century England in my mind, because the author evokes the essence of that mannered era well, and then get abruptly yanked back with a 21st-century visual. It’s an interesting problem to have! So far, the personalities are spot on. Mr. Bennet is a lot funnier now that he can flaunt his sarcasm skills, Mrs. Bennet has a shopping addiction, oldest sisters Jane and Liz are visiting from New York to care for their dad, introverted middle-sister Mary hides in her room, and the two youngest sisters are into social media and Cross Fit. Chip Bingley is an ER doctor and a reality TV “star” of the Bachelor clone Eligible. At this point, I’m still looking for an indication that renowned surgeon Darcy is anything other than an arrogant, pretentious arse!  

Merit: I’ve just finished Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins. This story is a pure “guilty pleasure” read.  If you read her Fae Chronicles series, you know what to expect: a colorful world of witches, Fae, demons, dark magic, and sex, sex, sex. The head monster here wears a very fine suit and looks as hot as hell, which I’m sure he has some connection to… The plot is intriguing, dirty, and dark and has off-the-charts sexual tension. The end left me wanting the second book as soon as possible.  

Shau: I’ve been reading and enjoying Darkness Awakened by Katie Reus. Easy and sexy with just enough supernatural to keep me interested.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)